Think First & Stay Safe™
Adult Training and Youth Curriculum
The Think First & Stay Safe™ Youth Curriculum (with Adult Training Modules) includes Lesson Plans, Class Activities and Resources for PreK-K, Grades 1-2 and Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Program Specifics for Pre K-K and Grades 1-2:
Seven (7) short Lessons are taught in Grades Pre K-K, and (7) Lessons are taught in Grades 1-2. Corresponding PowerPoint Presentations provide visual concept connections. A Student Handout accompanies each lesson and is sent home to encourage home reinforcement and family discussions.
Grades Pre K-K Lessons cover:
Staying Healthy & Safe, Kindness, Telling My Trusted Adults, My Body Belongs to Me, All Secrets Can Be Told, Being Abused is Never a Child’s Fault.
Grades 1-2 Lessons cover:
Staying Healthy and Safe, Kindness & Respect, Trusted Adults, My Body Belongs to Me, All Secrets Can Be Told, Listening to the Siren in My Belly, Child Luring, Choosing Grown-ups to Help Me, My Dignity: Bullying and Abuse are Not My Fault.
Grade 3 Lessons cover:
Quick Review of previous concepts and Affection Lure, Be Kind/No Bullying, Assistance Lure, Pet Lure and Authority Lure.
Grade 4 Lessons cover:
Quick Review and Emergency, Games, Name, Friendship, Threats & Weapons and e-Lure.
Grade 5 Lessons cover:
Quick Review of previous concepts and Affection Lure, Bullying/Cyberbullying/Harassment, Bribery Lure, Ego/Fame Lure and Hero Lure.
Grade 6 Lessons cover:
Quick Review and Job, Threats & Weapons, Pornography, Drugs and e-Lures.
A Trusted & Time-Tested Safety Education Solution
Child Lures Prevention is proud to reach millions of students via our partners, including:
· 7000+ Schools & Districts in 43 States
· 475 Faith-Based Organizations in 30 States
· 160 Civic Groups in 26 States
· 100+ Law Enforcement Agencies in 37 States
· 50 Hospitals in 22 States
· 46 Military Bases in 20 States & 6 Foreign Countries
· 40 Child Advocacy Centers
· 29 Government Agencies in 21 States
“Outstanding program! The lesson plans are perfectly geared toward the age groups of the kids. They actually enjoy the sessions, and the parents always come up to me afterwards to comment on how great the program is. Thank you!”
– Ken Morrison,
St. Dunstan’s Roman Catholic Church; Glastonbury, CT
Evaluating Your Program (Pre/Post Tests Included)
A Pre and Post Student Evaluation is provided to formally gauge student progress and retention of the Think First & Stay Safe™ concepts and prevention strategies. Prior to program presentation, the Student Evaluation can be administered as at Pre-Test. It can also be administered following completion of the program as a Post-Test.
The Educational Goals
· To establish an understanding that the vast majority of people are decent, caring individuals who are protective of children.
· To assure students that bullying, sexual abuse and harassment are against the law, and that laws exist to protect their safety.
· To advise students that they have rights too, including a right to live free of abuse.
· To encourage students to rely on a combination of skills learned, critical thinking and instincts to help ensure their personal safety.
· To nurture each youngster's sense of individual worth and urge them to recognize and respect the worth of others.
· To promote disclosure of any type of threat to a youngster's safety.
· To assure youngsters with thoughts of abusing self or others that help is available.
· To reduce the feelings of guilt and blame often felt by children who are bullied or abused.
· To encourage parents to take an active role in the personal safety education of their children.
· To strive for kinder, more tolerant thoughts and actions, in an effort to lower the incidence of all forms of aggressive behavior.